For the majority, gambling is an interesting and varied form of recreational activity. While most people play for fun and within their financial limits, the pathological gambler is under constant pressure to gamble. This behaviour most often leads to financial and family problems.
To reduce your own personal risk, it is important to be aware of this potential danger and to take the following into consideration:
- Gambling should be seen as a type of entertainment and not a way to earn money.
- Set yourself time and money limits before you start.
- Do not play if under the influence of alcohol or medication.
- Do not play if you are in a depressed state of mind.
- If you need a break from gambling, then use our self exclusion or cooling off option.